Friday, May 6, 2011

Here She Is... MISS MAGGIE!!

I'm 3 weeks old!

Meet Maggie!!  This past Sunday we picked out our first puppy!  I was a little hesitant to pick out our puppy so early (she’s only 2 weeks old) but the other half of me couldn’t wait to hold our very own puppy.  It was so hard to not want to scoop them all up and take them home with me.  I was so happy to have my husband there since he was supposed to be out of town.  (He flew home early and surprised me! ) Surprisingly, there was no disagreement between my husband and I as to which puppy we chose.  While we were holding Maggie, she opened her eyes for the first time.  She seemed so calm and just melted in our arms.  She felt like the perfect choice! ... Plus I'm a sucker for chubby puppies!  Our breeder said this litter was one of the fattest she's had.
We will be able to see her weekly once she is 4 weeks old.  A few weeks later we will be able to take her home for a “trial day” to see how she does in a new environment… Then hopefully around 8 weeks we will be able to take her home!!  We are so excited to have her in our home.  I constantly check our breeder’s website just waiting for a new picture of her to pop up!  I’m counting down the days until I get to see her again.  It’s crazy to think in 2 weeks time she will have learned how to walk!
I can’t wait to come home to her wagging tail, take her on walks, and play with her outside in the summer.  I can’t wait for her to be lounging in her doggy bed - which I exchanged more than a few times until I found just the perfect one!  (Nothing but the best for this puppy!!)  I feel like I’m nesting… for a DOG!  Call me crazy, I’m okay with that!  I’m sure my husband will be a bit jealous but, hey, after all he bought her for me!  It just might also be the most expensive gift he’ll ever buy me… Did you know Martha Stewart has a puppy line!? J
Stay tuned for another update!  I’ll keep posting new pictures of Maggie as our breeder puts them up on her website.
Brit

It only took her a second to weasel her way into our hearts!




Happiness :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment