Monday, May 23, 2011

Maggie is ONE MONTH old! :-)

First of MANY hours of snuggling!
We had the opportunity to visit Maggie this past week and we were so excited to see her up and walking (attempting to any way!)  She is slowly but surely figuring out how to use her legs.  I can’t believe she is already one month old - time is flying by.  It gets so hard to leave the little fur ball after every visit.  Before we are even out the door I’m asking when we can see her again!  We’ll visit her again tomorrow and hopefully our visit after that will be to take her home for a day.  We take her home for a test run to make sure she is able to eat at our house and is ready to be off her mother’s milk.  If everything goes as planned we should be able to have her home for good early- to mid-June!  And if you can’t tell already we are so excited!  This has been a true test of my patience… and people know I can be very impatient!  My husband and I fight over who gets to hold her.  He calls Maggie his “replacement”…. I say “substitution”.  You say tomato.  I say tomata!  I’ve been trying to get extra shifts in at work to help the time pass between visits.  I also know I won’t want to work anymore than I have to once she’s here.  I’m starting to get nervous about potty training her.  I’ve always had the freedom to be able to do whatever I want, whenever I want.  We will have to get creative in coming up with a potty schedule for her.  I work evenings and my husband is a pilot so he is gone for a few days at a time.  Fortunately both of our parents live within 10-15 minutes and have offered to help along with a few other friends.  Maggie is going to be one well-socialized dog from meeting all of these people! J I’m hoping work goes by fast tonight and before I know it I’ll be playing with her again!   
Just relaxing with my new Daddy!
Staring contest! I WIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment