Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Maggie's Level 1, Day 1 FAIL and Unexpected Expenses

Maggie Moo made this little lady look like a fool on the first day of Level 1 class!  The little stinker would not behave and wouldn't even do a simple sit or down.  Tiana, I PROMISE you we have been working on her sit's and down's!!  I don't know what her deal was and why she was acting up! 

We worked on "heel", "ready", and "stay".  I am determined to get Maggie to do this - regardless of how silly I feel telling my little 10lb dog to "heel" as if I'm attempting to tame some wild beast!!  I was so happy to see there was another little dog in the class - Maybe she'll make a new friend or two!

Dr. Cindy Sellin was also downstairs watching the dogs.  She likes to watch the first and last days to see how they all progress... Let's pray there's hope for Maggie and her listening skills!  Cindy, I promise you Maggie is more well-behaved than that, too!  I also need to work on getting the husband on the same page with training.  He rough-houses with her and she's been enjoying gnawing on some fingers... which she made apparent tonight.  I had to put some bitter tasting spray on my hands so she wouldn't keep biting them!

I also talked with Dr. Sellin about Maggie getting spayed and fixing her herniated umbilicus.  She also (unfortunately) noticed Maggie's baby canines haven't come out yet... which means she'll most likely have to get those pulled when she gets everything else fixed up.  Ughhh, Maggie!!!!!  Are you trying to be my expensive little puppy!?  Note to self - budget for unexpected puppy expenses.

I've noticed she's been getting more startled around other dogs... I know that's one thing I haven't been working on with her.  Maybe we'll have to venture out on some new trails this weekend since it is supposed to be gorgeous - Maggie's going to be in for a real surprise when some white stuff starts falling on the ground and all of the green disappears!

Maggie also had some pictures taken today for fall family pictures... Maybe that was why she was acting up!  We took some as a family and our photographer snapped a few of her solo.... I got a good laugh out of it.  I'm curious to see how they turn out.  We took them at an apple orchard and we put her in one of those old fashioned wooden crates... Hopefully they're cute!  As soon as we get a preview I'll be sure to post them!

Now that Maggie is back in school every Wednesday I'm hoping to update the blog more with her progress.  Should we take bets on how she'll do at the next class?

Ugh... Until next time,
Brit and Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment