Monday, September 26, 2011

The (MIS)adventures of Maggie Moo

Having a puppy is not all puppy kisses and dog bones...
Here are a few of the funny and not so funny things Maggie has gotten in to::

While we were camping, Maggie decided to sniff a sticky bug catcher that was on the floor of the camper.  It scared her and she ended up flinging it up from her face and on to her tail.  Her fur got matted on her face and tail... which lead to Maggie vs the scissors.  Thankfully the scissors won and Maggie escaped with a semi-decent new (home-made) haircut.... Just in time for Christmas card pictures!

I left the house to go out of town.  My sister-in-law was coming to get Maggie for the weekend a few hours after I left.  I got a phone call from Shannon asking if I still locked Maggie up while I was gone... I guess someone (ehh... ME) forgot to latch the kennel and the little rascal had free range of the house.  I keep wondering if she had fun or was scared wondering where I was.  Luckily there was only one small accident on our bathroom floor.  What a smart puppy to choose peeing on a bathroom floor.  Now only if I can teach her how to use a toilet....

My husband took Maggie outside while I was driving off to work.  I rolled down the window to say good-bye.  Joe set Maggie down thinking she would follow him back inside.  Wrong!  She BOOKED it towards my car and I guess ran all the way to the end of the neighborhood.  She took a good nap for Joe after that exercise stint!

I just got home after a long night at work and all I wanted to do was go to bed.  I let Maggie run around for a little bit and took her outside one last time before heading to bed.  At the same time the sprinklers started and she thought it would be a good idea to run through them at 2am... Not cool.

On a good note - Maggie is a big girl now!! She officially survived her first time in the kennel (without someone letting her out) while I was at work - and NO accidents!  This is a HUGE thing for me, too, because (as mentioned before) I'm stubborn and hate asking people for help.  Now I know she can do it!  On days we have to do that we make sure we get A LOT of exercise in the morning!  With her having to be in her kennel for so long there's no way I have the heart to put her back in the kennel at bedtime.  We get in LOTS of snuggle time and that way I don't feel so bad!

Maggie is also going back to puppy school starting this Wednesday... She's advancing on to Level 1 :-)  We had to miss the first class since it was the one Wednesday I couldn't get off of work.  It will be interesting teaching a little dog like her to "heel"... It makes me chuckle!  Excited to see what else she will learn!

Here are a few random pictures of Miss Maggie!


Maggie playing with Nala the weekend I was out of town
Yes, she's tucked in under the covers smack dab in the middle of our pillows!  Do you see why it is so hard to wake up in the morning!!!??



I can't remember why we were so pooped out but needless to say Maggie and I crashed in the car!

No comments:

Post a Comment