Wednesday, June 1, 2011

2 More Weeks!!!

I'm a Pretty, Pretty Princess :-)

Ooooh I can hardly contain my excitement to have Maggie home!  Only 2 more weeks until she is HOME!!!  The house has been cleaned, organized, re-cleaned, and re-organized.  I’m going bonkers!  I was sick this last week and my husband was out of town for work.  I just kept thinking how much “easier” it would be to be sick if I had Maggie to snuggle up next to.  That got me thinking about “therapy dogs”.  I work at a children’s hospital with the oncology patients.  They LOVE when therapy dogs come to visit them.  It makes their trips to the hospital for chemo a little more bearable.  I would have to look more into this to see what it entails.  Seeing how much happiness Maggie has already brought Joe and I… I would love the opportunity to share that happiness.  If anyone knows where to find information about this, please let me know!
Maggie is much more active now.  When we visited her last time she was sleepy and such a snuggle-bug (which I love!)  Now she's running around, chasing toys, and playing with her brothers and sisters.  I’ve already been told I need to work on my “No!” as it sounds too playful!  I told our breeder I’m not sure if I’ll be training Maggie or if Maggie will be training me.  I'm sure puppy school will benefit us both!  We are so lucky to have found such a wonderful breeder.  It will be fun to take Maggie back for visits.  Our breeder also grooms and dog sits so we will be able to get plenty of visits in!  We will be able to take Maggie home for a few hours to see if she’s ready on the 14th.  If she does well she can go home for GOOD shortly after that.  This has been a long process for me (I knew I was getting Maggie before the dogs were even pregnant!) but well worth the wait!
Ooooh I could just SQUEEZE her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment