Monday, June 13, 2011

Maggie Comes Home Today!!

You heard it hear first... We are bringing Maggie home today - FINALLY!  We weren't expecting her until this next weekend but our breeder called to say she was ready to go whenever we are!  This has been a LONG time coming and we are so excited.  This morning I went to grab some of her puppy food (NOW puppy formula - recommended by our breeder) and came back to Joe cleaning the house and vacuuming.  He can say, "It's just a dog" all he wants, but I know he's just as excited as I am.  Maggie is not "just a dog".  She is my first dog and our first dog together.  It's the start of our family.  I already have her "coming home" bow picked out! 

Starting today our house will never be the same again.  When I realized she was actually coming home today I had a moment of panic wondering if I was ready to take on a puppy.  Those who know me know I'm very protective of our townhouse and keeping it looking brand new (no scratches on the wall, clean carpet, things in their place, etc).  Now I have to be more realistic and understand my carpet will never be the same again.  I know she's going to have accidents here and there, but I will do whatever I can to prevent it.  It will be interesting teaching her to go potty outside.  She will have to learn how to go up and down stairs first!  Our breeder also had them going mostly on puppy pads since she as a lung condition and can't take them outside herself.   Well, we are on our way to PetSmart to pick up a few more things then off to get Maggie!  We can't wait to bring her in to River Valley for her first visit and enroll her in puppy school!  Stay tuned, now that she's home we will update more frequently with our trials and tribulations of raising a puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment