Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Maggie Goes to the Vet

We brought Maggie to River Valley for her first check up.  She did great!  Everyone there was so wonderful and helpful.  The little peanut weighs 4.7lbs!  We got a "new puppy owner" run down and tips on how to train her.  This was perfect timing since my husband and I are almost on completely different pages when it comes to training Maggie.  He wants to do what his family did to their family dog (which was 20 years ago).  For example, when Maggie has an accident Joe thinks he should stick Maggie's nose in it and tell her "No".  I personally think that is too harsh.  I tell her "No" only if I catch her doing it and bring her outside right away - she's not going to remember doing it if we find poop on the floor 15 minutes later!  Dr. Cindy Sellin checked out Maggie and gave her health an A!  We are signing her up for puppy school starting June 27th.  I'm very excited to get her started on training and hope to meet a variety of puppies to get her well socialized! :-)

Another exciting accomplishment for Maggie this week... (insert drum roll)... She slept through the night 2 nights in a row!!!!!  I was ecstatic when I woke up in the morning and actually felt somewhat rested.  I wondered if this is how moms felt when their newborn baby sleeps through the night!  I took full advantage of when my husband was home to watch her and was able to stay at the gym longer to get a great workout in.  And just like a baby, I made my husband get up with her in the middle of the night while he was home - I was exhausted!  Maggie also learned how to go up and down the stairs!  She is so proud of herself!  Man do they grow up fast... sigh....

Contemplating how she is going to make it down the stairs
This weekend we have a little visitor at our house.  I am watching my 4 year-old family friend, Alivia, for the weekend.  She is psyched to play with a puppy ALL weekend long!  She's never really been around dogs so it is a learning curve for all of us.  It's been an interesting first day together... Maggie is passed out on the floor and Alivia is learning to not wake a sleeping puppy!  We took her for her first walk on her leash today.  She's slowly but surely getting used to the darn thing!  I'm sure I'll have many more fun stories to share from the weekend!

SO TIRED after an eventful day!!

Her favorite new toy, Mr. Turtle

The "terrible two's" begins!  This was her idea of helping me get ready for a garage sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment