Sunday, July 24, 2011

From BOW to WOW!

Maggie got her first hair cut yesterday!  Yes, she went from BOW to WOW!  :-)  We brought her back to our breeder's house for her to get a nice summer trim.  With the horrendous heat we were having we kept Maggie inside... plus her hair was really long and hot for her.

She recognized the breeders right away.  She seemed a bit overwhelmed with all of the other puppies... but that literally lasted 2 minutes.  Before I left she was chasing another puppy (Bailey), who was the same age as Maggie.  Our breeder said she just loved playing with little Bailey... we might just have to bring her back from some more play dates!

Thankfully I brought her in for a trim when we did.  Our breeder found she had little bumps/sores on her bottom.  It almost looks like poison ivy.  When we got home from getting her hair cut, I called the on-call vet and they suggested putting Neosporin on it.  She did such a good job with not licking it off.  I was a very proud Momma!  We had lots of snuggle time to distract her from licking!

Later tonight Maggie seemed so uncomfortable.  She kept crawling up on me and wanting me to hold her.  She was really sleepy and couldn't seem to get comfortable.  My heart was breaking for the little one.  If it doesn't get better I'm going to have to bring her in tomorrow. :-(

A special treat this weekend was when Maggie got to meet my Grandma (aka Maggie's Great Grandma!).  Maggie is named after the only dog I ever really knew growing up.  My Grandma always wanted a dog.  She begged and begged my Grandpa to let her get one.  He finally agreed to let her get one but only if her name was Maggie.  My Grandpa passed away when I was young so I didn't get to know him very well.  I try to hold on to every memory I have of him so I decided to name our first puppy, Maggie, in his memory.


When I was little with the "original" Maggie


I wish I had a picture of my Grandma holding her... she just loved it!  She spends hours studying pictures of little Maggie and the other puppies on the breeder's website.  She can name all of the puppies, their colors, and probably where their new homes are!  She waits anxiously by her compture for me to post new updates on Maggie (Hi Grandma.... Maggie and I love you!!)

We are looking forward to going to puppy class tomorrow evening!  Stay tuned for the new tricks we are learning!
 
Little fur-ball... Can hardly see she was so shaggy!

 
Pretty little girl!  So fresh and so clean!


No comments:

Post a Comment